phone705 329 7700 fax705 327 7453

When a Non-Resident sells Canadian real estate

Similar to other countries, when a non-resident of Canada sells real estate the Canada Revenue Agency ensures an agent in Canada collects withholding tax on the non-resident’s behalf. To reduce these withholding taxes, let our firm assist you in completing forms T2062 and/or T2062A. A helpful summary of these forms is found here.